What is breast cancer sentinel node micro metastases?

Spread of cells. Micrometastasis means that a few tumor cells have left the breast tumor and traveled to the lymph nodes under the arm. In most cases, this is treated as a negative lymph node. I encourage you to review your pathology report with your surgeon and oncologists (ideally they are communicating with each other through a meeting called a tumor board).
Very tiny. It is the finding of a tiny cluster of breast cancer cells that have traveled to the axillary lymph node. It has not been found to be a worse prognosis in an otherwise early breast cancer. There would still likely be chemotherapy/radiation therapy. There is also addititonal dna testing that can help with directing your best treatment options. http://ww5.komen.org/komennewsarticle.aspx?id=193214.
Micrometastases. Are defined as breast cancer cells in the sentinel lymph node <2mm in size (but larger than 0.2mm). This is considered node positive but may not require as aggressive therapy as macrometastasea (>2mm). For example, recent studies show an axillary dissection is not necessary when the sentinel node shows micrometastases. Your doctors will consider this when recommending chemo and maybe radiation.
Difficult subject. Typically it depends on the size of the metastasis. A metastasis between 0.2 mm. And 2 mm. Is considered micrometastatic disease (stage n1mic), while a smaller metastasis is considered individual tumor cells (stage n0(i+)). Your oncologist should be able to clarify this for your specific case.