What are the complications surrounding pregnancy after having hernia surgery?

Recurrent herniation. Recurrent herniation is possible. Many people get through pregnancy without any complication following hernia surgery. It is important for you to keep in touch with your surgeon if you have problems during your pregnancy.
Depends. Inguinal, or groin hernia repair shouldn't have any issues with subsequent pregnancy. Ventral or incisional hernia repair that utilized a mesh in the area where a c-section would be could complicate the c-section by making it more technically difficult, requiring expertise of a general surgeon alongside the ob. This would likely slow down the cesarean, possibly causing a problem if it was emergent.