Should I stick to a low carb diet if I want to be very healthy?

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

The low fat dogma of the last 40 years has made our country fat, and sick.
Low carb diets have outperformed low fat diets in every study. It is our natural diet. Carbs are only available in nature in late summer /early fall: to fatten up for winter when food is scare and hard to find (animals). Humans are a top level predator. We are top of the food chain. We are designed to eat other animals!

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Depends

It is very healthy to limit simple or processed carbs in your diet.
However the complex carbs found in certain vegetables like kale and spinach (not the starchy ones like potatoes), and in beans are a healthy source of fiber for your diet and should be consumed regularly.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Steven Charlap
Dr. Steven Charlap
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology