How does Zoloft (sertraline) work?

Zoloft (sertraline) Zoloft (sertraline) is one of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, hence produces elevation in serotonin levels which produce reduction in symptoms of depression & anxiety.
Zoloft (sertraline) Sertraline (Zoloft/ Lustral) is one of the Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants. It works primarily by increasing serotonin. It is is FDA approved for the treatment of major depressive disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, post traumatic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder and body dysmorphic disorder.