Is it safe to get a tummy tuck?

Usually... The majority of complications that may occur with tummy tuck surgery occur within the first 2 weeks. These may include deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, pneumonia, infection, bleeding, and even death. Other types of complications such as superficial incision line healing problems ( wound healing problems) may occur during the first 2 months after the procedure is performed.
Tummy Tuck Safety . When a tummy tuck is performed by a board certified plastic surgeon in an accredited surgery center, risk of complications is low. The most common complication is fluid accumulation and wound separation. However, these can be reduced with surgical technique. You should be aware that *any* surgical procedure has risks and you should discuss these questions in your pre-op appointment.
Risk 4 every surgery. There are risks for every surgical procedure and it is up to you to decide if the risks are worth the benefits. No one can answer that question but you. While hundreds of thousands of patients undergo tummy tuck every year with over an 85% satisfaction rate, there are some will experience complications. Fortunately the majority are easily managed but others may be life threatening.
Yes with preparation. Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is extremely safe with life changing results if precautions are taken. Like any elective surgery, one must be in good general health, one must have tissues amendable to a good result, have the procedure performed in a certified facility, and be performed by a board certified plastic surgeon who has a practice dedicated to cosmetic surgery of the trunk.
With a qualified PS. it is safe in the hand of an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, who does her surgeries in an accredited facility on a good candidate. The patient also has to be well prepared and compliant .
Usually. Not if you smoke, have cardiac problems, poorly-controlled diabetes, severe lung problems, are on immunosuppressive drugs, have poorly controlled autoimmune disease, metastatic disease, anything else that impairs wound healing or a tendency not to follow instructions. Generally, it's very safe.
For most, Yes. Tummy tuck surgery is one of the largest scale operations that plastic surgeons perform. I carefully evaluate the health of my patient when considering offering it her. This is part of my practice philosophy.
Always risks. Any surgical procedure carries risks, and tummy tuck is no exception. The things you can do to minimize your risk is to see a board certified plastic surgeon, be honest about your medical history and expectations, and optimize your health and weight before surgery.
Yes. If you are healthy as well as a non smoker you will have a good result.