How could you tell whether someone has Lyme disease?

Lymes Disease. There is the classic bulls eye or target lesion rash that is the earliest sign but is often missed. Otherwise there are other laboratory evaluations that can be done to determine if an acute lyme infection is active.
Hx/exam/blood tests. Suspicion of ld can be raised by a history of exposure in areas where the germ is prevalent, physical exam. Exclusion of other illnesses is important.Blood tests for antibodies to the germ are first detectable weeks after exposure and paired tests weeks apart may demonstrate an increasing body response to the germ.