How can I detect a deer tick bite?

Dr. Joseph Bark
Dermatology

In brief: Deer Tick Bites

Sometimes you cannot! a guy came into my office a couple of years ago with a mole on his back which i spotted under magnification as a tick.
He said he thought the lesion had been there for years but it really had not. We removed it with a forceps in the recommended way, and he had no more problems. We searched diligently for other bites, but none were found.

In brief: Deer Tick Bites

Dr. Joseph Bark
Dr. Joseph Bark
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Buddy system

After hiking though an area known to be infested (e.
g. The northeast or midwest), have a friend check your skin and you check theirs. The ticks are small, so look carefully. Thorough washing of the area tends to take care of the problem, but you still might miss one in an area you can't see.

In brief: Buddy system

Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. Marsha Davis