Does the epstein-barr virus cause cancer?

Yes. Ebv is most commonly associated with burkitt lymphoma and hodgkin lymphoma, especially in states of compromised immunity such as HIV infection. It is also the virus that causes mononucleosis ("mono"). What is encouraging, though, is that the majority of us have been infected at some point with ebv and yet most of the time we do not develop cancer.
Yes. Ebv is one of the first viruses to be associated with carcinogenesis though most people carry the virus without it ever causing cancer but in certain population it does. Http://clincancerres. Aacrjournals. Org/content/10/3/803.abstract.