How do I know if my baby has colic?

See your doctor. Your doctor needs to rule out other diseases first. Watch http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=i_wmnnjkmt0 to learn more about colic.
3, and 3. Crying for more than three hours a day., 3 days a week and inconsolable. Some babies with colic improve with motion, like a ride in a car. There is no proven cause of colic.
A lable of exclusion. Colic is classicly defined as 3 hrs of crying, at least 3days a week in the first 3 months. It is usually focused on evenings and marked by periods af happy interaction at variable intervals. Pattern and exam can help your physician exclude a variety of ailments that cause fussiness. Brazleton published studies showing the normal infant crying peaks in crying activity about 6 wks.
Excessive crying. Colic is defined as excessive crying in an otherwise healthy infant. Crying is one of the infant's ways of communicating, so they often cry when they are hungry, tired or need changing. Colic is excessive crying- crying for more than 3 hours a day, 3 days a week for at least 3 weeks. There is no good treatment for colic, but the good news is, it usually goes away on it's own by 3 months.