Does bacterial vaginosis cause a burning feeling in the clitoris and just beneath it?

Generally not. Bacterial vaginosis most often causes a thin, grey-white discharge and a distinctive odor, which some people describe as "musty" or "fishy." burning and irritation around the clitoris and the opening to the vagina could be caused by an infection (like an std or a yeast infection) or irritation from another source (like an allergic reaction to a soap). You should see a healthcare provider!
Possibly. More common to have a vaginal discharge with a un pleasant or fishy odor which is whitish or watery. However you can have itching around the vaginal opening and up to the clitoris. See a gyn dr. If necessary. Other possibility is a yeast infection which would respond to antifungal creams such as lotrimin (clotrimazole) or monistat.