Does a cure exist for acute myocarditis in infants?

In brief: Care is supportive

Acute myocarditis is variablle in its eventual effect on a pt.
At any age. Care is generally supportive during the acute phaze and recovery may be full or partial. With partial recovery a kid may need meds to help the heart during childhood but eventual rx may require a heart transplant. I believe the fda recently approved a VAD (ventricular assist device) for limited use in kids awaiting a heart.

In brief: Care is supportive

Dr. Rashed Hasan
Pediatrics - Critical Care

In brief: Mycarditis

Myocarditis has many causes and some of these causes are treatable.
Examples are the myocarditis that is associated with kawasaki disease treated with steroids or ivig. The myocarditis associated with rheumatic fever is also treatable.

In brief: Mycarditis

Dr. Rashed Hasan
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care