Do you think teens need a meningococcal vaccine?

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Teenagers are one of the peak risk age brackets for Meningococcal meningitis.
Although only several dozen americna teens die or get serious infections every year, the disease attacks very quick and is devastating. Often the illness kills or maimed before children can receive treatment. The vaccine is safe and effective and that makes it highly worthwhile...

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Additionally, travelers to the 'meningitis belt' in the middle of Africa should be immunized.
In brief: You tell me
As a resident I watched a 10 yo go from normal the night before to coming into the hospital when he wouldn't wake up.
He died within hours in spite of all the antibiotics we pumped into him from the germ this vaccine can prevent. The germ is nicknamed "the black death" for the bruised rash many get before they die. Could you live with this if you ignored the chance to prevent it.

In brief: You tell me
Dr. Mark Diamond
A proven safe , effective vaccine vs a life threatening disease? Should there really be a question here?

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Peter Kurzweil