Can your brain be affected by tooth infection?

Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder

In brief: It is possible

Our mouths are one of the portals to the rest of our body.
Infections in the mouth and around the teeth can spread to the rest of the body. Of course, if you are young and healthy and have a good immune system, this isn't likely. It is the same for any other opportunity for disease to enter the body; through a cut, wound, nasal passages, etc. Just practice good hygiene to keep yourself healthy!

In brief: It is possible

Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
Dr. Andrew Chase
Dentistry

In brief: Affected? Maybe

Tooth infections are cited as some of the most intense pain known to people.
In that regard, it could certainly affect how you operated day to day, so in a sense, yes, your brain could be affected. I would not say that your brain is at risk of being infected, however.

In brief: Affected? Maybe

Dr. Andrew Chase
Dr. Andrew Chase