How can you get rid of a blood clot that is under your fingernail?

Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry

In brief: Dr. Kass

Gave excellent advice.
If you let the clot to grow out with the nail, make sure you see it slowly progressing towards the tip of your finger. If it doesn't appear to grow out (over months) and becomes larger or darker, see a dermatologist even if it doesn't hurt.

In brief: Dr. Kass

Gave excellent advice.
Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Does it hurt?

If it hurts it can be drained.
I would recommend you see a dermatologist to do that. If it is not painful, as the nail grows the clot will grow with the nail as it sticks to the underside and when you cut your nails the clot will eventually reach the end of the nail and you will end up cutting it away.

In brief: Does it hurt?

If it hurts it can be drained.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass