Can you go in for an operation if you have the common cold? If I have a cold will my surgery be postponed?

In brief: Maybe
It depeds on your overall health and the length or type of surgery that you may be having.
If you are having fevers or a lot of coughing, then surgery may be postponed. If there are only symptoms such as irritated throat or nasal congestion, then surgery may be alright. If it is a longer surgery that is planned, you would not likely want to have a lot of coughing after surgery.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
If you have no fever you should be able to have the operation - although for some types of surgery it will be cancelled.

Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Peter Kurzweil