Has anyone ever had this laser toenail fungus treatment? Does it actually work?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: It works

I would say it likely works about 70-75% of the time.
Oral medications are actually more effective, probably 10-15% more effective.

In brief: It works

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Randy Lisch
The laser is approximately 75% effective. The oral medications are not as effective and also have the propensity to cause live toxicity

In brief: In many cases yes

The extent of the infection matters.
Nails that are completely infected including the nail root are more challenging. I follow my patients every 2-3 months to make sure there is progress. In some cases 2 or even 3 treatments may be necessary. It is critical to sanitize footwear because fungus can live in footwear and cause reinfection. Infections can recur. Overall it is an effective treatment.

In brief: In many cases yes

The extent of the infection matters.
Dr. Jay Mermelstein
Dr. Jay Mermelstein

In brief: It works!

I have sent a number of patients for laser treatment of their fungus toenails.
I have seen aproximatly a 80% cure rate. No fungus treatment works 100% of the time. Topical medications have a 17% cure rate. Oral Lamisil (terbinafine) has a 80% cure rate.

In brief: It works!

Dr. Lorry Melnick
Dr. Lorry Melnick
Dr. Vicken Poochikian