What will happen if my baby gets the chicken pox?

Itching and fever. Fever and itchy sores last about five days. Complications can include pneumonia and skin infections, sometimes serious. Sometimes the itchy sores scar when they heal.
With chickenpox.... ..Fever and a "bubbly" rash are usually the only signs. In most people, scarring of the skin where the bubbles popped is the only long-term effect; in some, more serious complications such as "flesh-eating disease", brain inflammation, or pneumonia, can occur. Before vaccine was introduced, about 50 children and 50 adults died each year, out of tens of thousands who contracted chickenpox.
Usually Mild Case. Most infants who get the chickenpox have a mild case. The reason for this is that antibodies from the mother (who has probably had chickenpox) cross the placenta and can last in the infant for up to one year. This gives the infant extra protection which ultimately leads to a shorter, milder case of chickenpox. If you think your child might have chickenpox, it's worth it to contact your doctor.