Can a child die of sudden cardiac arrest without having shown symptoms before death?

Absolutely. However, this is a diagnosis of exclusion, and far less common in babies than an unsafe sleep environment. The channelopathies are a family of illnesses that take the lives of perhaps 4000 people, including kids, in the us each year. Anatomic heart defects and missed WPW can cause sudden witnessed death; anything from black widow bite to electrocution a negative autopsy if there are no witnesses.
Rarely happens. In deference to adults, who can drop like a stone, kids usually wind down like an old wind up doll before the heart goes. The few exceptions are crib death, kids born with heart rhythm issues or secondary rhythm issues due to repaired heart defects. Most arrests will come after a period of symptoms that show attempts to compensate for dehydration, breathing failure & low blood pressure.