The arches of my feet get sore when I jump rope? Why is that?

Lack of support. This is usually caused by shoes that do not fit properly or have poor arch support that will cause a strain of the plantar fasciia, which is a ligament that covers and protects the bottom of your foot. See your podiatrist for orthotics and examination.
Foot type? Are you barefoot? Or wearing sneakers? You might be straining your arch. With certain foot types this can be increased i.E a flatfoot where one is jumping up and down with full body weight for example will excessively strain the arch. This will cause soreness. Make sure you have good arch support.