Can pulmonary fibrosis result from viral pneumonia?

No. Generally speaking pulmonary fibrosis is not the result of viral pneumonia. Sometimes viral pneumonia can cause some scarring of the lungs that may resemble some forms of pulmonary fibrosis. There is a form of pulmonary fibrosis called cryptogenic fibrosing alveolitis that sometimes may be the result of lung infections including viral pneumonia.
Yes. Pulmonary fibrosis is a very stretchy term and encompasses many different diseases but yes, viral pneumonia can give you scarring on the lungs often interpreted as pulmonary fibrosis, or cause one of the more classic forms of pulmonary fibrosis. Hope this is not too confusing!