How can you get rid of the hard skin on feet?

Pumice stone. Moisturize your feet. You can use a pumice stone. If it is very thick or very hard you can see podiatrist who can do this for you rather quickly and then could possibly provide a plan to avoid it from occuring from a biomechanical perspective.
Creams. There are multiple over the counter creams that contain small amounts of urea which is intended to soften the calluses. You can also get a prescription version of the cream with higher urea contents. I prefer 40% urea creams. See a podiatrist. They can trim the calluses and get you started using some of these creams.