Can I leave the country if I have clostridium difficile?

Dr. Bonnie Bock
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Probably not
C difficile can be a very serious illness, and recurs in 20 -30% of patients.
You must ask your doctor if you should postpone your trip until a time when you are healthier. Foreign travelers should always carry prescribed medications with carry-on and not in checked luggage.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Bonnie Bock
Dr. Bonnie Bock
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: C. diff traveler
C. diff is an awful form of diarrhea that can be quite dangerous.
I don't think it's wise to travel if you still have symptoms -- just imagine trying to get into a locked bathroom on the airplane if the urge comes suddenly! C. diff is quite infectious to others also, so in their interest it's probably best to stay at home until symptoms resolve.

In brief: C. diff traveler
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand