When I run for a long time my feet fall asleep and I can't feel them, how do I prevent this other than new shoes?

In brief: Not the shoes

This sounds as if you are pinching a nerve in the foot.
You may need some type of support to realign the foot as you walk over it in the gait cycle.

In brief: Not the shoes

Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Not the shoes

This is likely not the shoes.
Something is occuring where you are putting pressure on a nerve. It might be by he ankles (tarsal tunnel) or as high as the back. I think you should have emg/ncv testing after symtomatic on a treadmill by a neurologist. This might shed some light on your problem. (these are tests on the muscles and nerves.).

In brief: Not the shoes

This is likely not the shoes.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine