What is good medication for chronic fatigue syndrome cfs?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Provigil/Nuvigil

These drugs work well for fatigue of any cause.
I like Modafinil (provigil) more than nuvigil, which is more potent by a factor of two. And, you need to find the cause for fatigue and attempt to rectify it. Remeber, most people with chronic fatigue are deconditioned because they don't exercise. It is the simplest best medicine for cfs.

In brief: Provigil/Nuvigil

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Find & Rx cause

Chronic fatigue syndrome is a multifactorial consequence of hormonal, immune system and nervous system dysfunction resulting from genetic predispositions and dietary and environmental insults.
These factors impair the patient's ability to produce energy and they end up chronically fatigued. There are numerous internal & external stressors that can contribute to this syndrome. Find & rx.

In brief: Find & Rx cause

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman