What is causing my foot pain in the morning before I even walk?

In brief: Plantar fasciitis

It would be helpful to know whether or not you go to bed and have pain then also.

In brief: Plantar fasciitis

Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman

In brief: More Info

It would be helpful to know the location of the pain.
If it is in the heel it may be plantar fasciitis it it is in the ball of the foot it may be a neuroma.

In brief: More Info

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many possibilities

Heel pain is most often caused by plantar fasciitis, a condition that is sometimes also called heel spur syndrome when a spur is present.
Heel pain may also be due to other causes, such as, infection, tendonitis, arthritis, stress fracture, nerve irritation, retained foreign body, bone tumor, or a cyst. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat