Can a staph infection be deadly?

Staph Infections. Yes, staphylococcus infections can be deadly. There are certain strains that can be very aggressive and cause significant disease in the skin, tissues, and heart valves. Just because staph is cultured from a wound does not necessarily mean that you will die (the chances in this scenario is very small). The strains and circumstances of the 'deadly' staph is very unique.
Yes. Staph infections can be incredibly aggressive and deadly. It is important to catch them early and treat them appropriately.