4 doctors weighed in:
Views on insulin pumps?
4 doctors weighed in

Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Good for some
Just like most other aspects of diabetes management there is no "right" answer to whether a pump is good for you.
If you need additional flexibility in your Insulin dosing and don't mind being tethered to a device 24 hours a day and your insurance will pay for it then a pump may be a good option. If you are well-controlled on Insulin injections it may not be necessary. Ask your doctors.

In brief: Good for some
Just like most other aspects of diabetes management there is no "right" answer to whether a pump is good for you.
If you need additional flexibility in your Insulin dosing and don't mind being tethered to a device 24 hours a day and your insurance will pay for it then a pump may be a good option. If you are well-controlled on Insulin injections it may not be necessary. Ask your doctors.
Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Thank
Dr. Luis Gonzalez-mendoza
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Love them
40% of the Insulin we produce is secreted all the time at different rates and the other 60% our pancreas produces to metabolize (burn) the carbohydrates we eat for fuel.
The best way to mimick that is using an Insulin pump.

In brief: Love them
40% of the Insulin we produce is secreted all the time at different rates and the other 60% our pancreas produces to metabolize (burn) the carbohydrates we eat for fuel.
The best way to mimick that is using an Insulin pump.
Dr. Luis Gonzalez-mendoza
Dr. Luis Gonzalez-mendoza
Thank
Read more answers from doctors