Kidney and bladder stent removal painful?

Dr. Simon Kimm
Urology
In brief: Very briefly.
An indwelling ureteral stent is removed in one of two ways.
A quick pull on a little string to pull it out of the urethra, or by using a flexible scope to enter the bladder and pulling out the stent with forceps. Both can cause bladder discomfort and some flank pain as it is quickly removed. Some residual pain can linger for a day or two. Pain can be variable with many feeling no pain.

In brief: Very briefly.
Dr. Simon Kimm
Dr. Simon Kimm
Dr. James Lin
Urology
In brief: Here are some…
Some degree of discomfort or pain from stent removal is expected, but I have found most that most patients tolerate the procedure very well after proper counseling to adjust the balance between reality and expectation.
So, work closely with your urologist; it's not that bad at all, at least in my experience. Best wish…

In brief: Here are some…
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Steven Seres