Is it safe to give a 2month old dimetapp?

In brief: I never would
A 2 mo is dependent on their nasal passages to breathe.
The don't routinely use their open mouth to augment breathing until 4-6m. Dimetapp and similar drugs (once prescription meds) work by drying secretions,thickening the buggers, making any drainage in a babies nose thicker. Useing this is one way to make it harder for them to breathe. Nasal saline washout is the best Rx for a 2 mo.

In brief: I never would
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
In brief: Dimetapp
No. Otc cold medications have been shown to be useless in treating colds in children less than 6 years old.
In addition, side effects can make their condition worse and cause diagnostic problems.

In brief: Dimetapp
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Cindy Juster