I was prescribed lorcet (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) for pain. I have hiatal hernia, the heartburn is bad, ?

In brief: Lorcet (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) bad idea

Lorcet (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) should not be use for hiatal hernia pain.
If you have a big hiatal hernia you may be masking pain from an ulcer or low blood flow to the stomach. If you have just heartburn then once or twice a day Nexium (esomeprazole) is an excellent choice. An endoscopy should be done to check for ulcers or infection with a bacteria called h. Pylori. All else fails then surgery is a good choice.

Dr. Prashant Sinha
Dr. Prashant Sinha
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery