Are tick bites often treated with doxycycline?

No. Doxycycline is an antibiotic that is used to treat some illnesses, such as lyme disease that are caused by tick bites. If a patient has a tick bite in an area of the country where lyme disease is common, some doctors have chosen to prescribe Doxycycline to possibly prevent lyme disease.
That is one. That is one antibiotic treatment that is possible.
Yes. If a deer tick remains on the skin for 24 hours or more, doctors often treat with that antibiotic for lyme disease. They also may draw a blood test which is called titers, and this if often repeated in 1 month.