I have a tooth that needed canal that the dentist couldn't even finish.He used a lot of time but made me come back?

Dr. Anna Guarna
Dentistry

In brief: Not unusual

Some single canals can be difficult-curved or closed down.
In order to finish (fill) it, the canal needs to be a certain size requiring the dentist/endodontist to work extra. Additionally, there may be more than one canal in the root requiring additional effort to complete.

In brief: Not unusual

Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: Not uncommon

Root canals can be very difficult and it is somewhat of a blind procedure.
You don't really know what you will find until you try to get in there. The anatomy can be very different than "standard" and complicate things as well. One appointment is nice but it does take more sometimes.

In brief: Not uncommon

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Arnon Rubin