I am 22 weeks pregnant with my cervix dilated. Dr wants surgery I am scared for baby. How safe is it?

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

In brief: Depends

It all depends of the findings.
If your doctor recommended the procedure, cerclage i presume, it s because he thinks the advantages outweights the risks. Discuss with him or her your fears and make a proper decision.

In brief: Depends

It all depends of the findings.
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

In brief: Purse string

A gathering band (circlage) works like a purse string tightens the opening.
It can help a woman carry a pregnancy that would fall out of a loose uterus.Your worries are valid, but it is not offered unless the risks are less than the potential benefit.

In brief: Purse string

Dr. Cindy Juster