How do they treat plantar fascia rupture?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Support
The fascia, immobilize the foot in a cam walker is another option.
I like to inject "platelet rich plasma" injections and then place the patient in a cam walker boot. This is a treamtent I have begun to explore in the past few months and patients so far have been healing quickly. Problem is it is not a covered service. This treatment is also not done by many providers at this time.

In brief: Support
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
In brief: R.I.C.E
Rest, ice compression, elevation until it feels better. The plantar fascia will heal just fine short of surgery.
As a matter of fact, surgery to treat planar fasciitis usually involves cutting the plantar fascia from the heel bone where is attaches!

In brief: R.I.C.E
Dr. James Dukelow
Dr. James Dukelow
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management
In brief: Rest and
Rice therapy along with physical therapy and proper foot wear may help.
This is one area prp treatment is worth a try.

In brief: Rest and
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery