Have a " hot tooth" - what can I expect when I go back for 2nd part?

In brief: Better experience

The term "hot tooth" is used by dentists to describe a tooth that is so painful to all stimuli that we can't even touch it.
Anesthetics may take longer to numb a hot tooth if at all as they are more difficult to fully anesthetized. Since you made it through part 1 of the procedure which is usually to get the pulp out of the tooth then part two should be a walk in the park.

In brief: Better experience

Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: Root canal

I assume you mean you went in with a very sensitive tooth and had it opened up for pain control (i hope) is so then a root canal can be done after the symptoms have subsided and really should be fairly painless after the anesthesia starts to work.
Good luck.

In brief: Root canal

Good luck.
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Peter Kurzweil