Dry eyes and light sensitivity when I work online for long hours daily. Why?

Dr. Matheson Harris
Ophthalmology
In brief: Reduced blinking
You are likely blinking much less often when focused on the computer, causing more evaporative tear loss.
This leads to irritation of the cornea, which in turn can cause light sensitivity.

In brief: Reduced blinking
Dr. Matheson Harris
Dr. Matheson Harris
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Dry eye
Dry eye is very common.
I would try artificial tears frequently during the day, ointment at night, warm compresses 1-2 times a day, and omega-3 fatty acid supplements. If no improvement, see an eye doctor.

In brief: Dry eye
Dry eye is very common.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Howard Pomeranz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Blink rate
You blink your eyes less frequently when staring at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
This can lead to dry eyes. Put lubricant drops in the eyes when working for long periods of time at the computer.

In brief: Blink rate
Dr. Howard Pomeranz
Dr. Howard Pomeranz