Digestive diseases: celiac disease, so many say relief without wheat. Whats going on?

Easy to get confused. Gluten-sensitive enteropathy (celiac disease) is much less common than gluten intolerance. Like lactose intolerance, caffeine intolerance, sorbitol intolerance (with regard to needing to restrict each respective substance), people who are gluten intolerant do better to avoid gluten-containing foods. Only about 10% of the population are gluten intolerant--an inflammatory condition of small bowel.