Are chronic fatigue and sleep apnea related?

Apnea + fatigue. People with sleep apnea can be chronically fatigued, but not everyone with chronic fatigue has sleep apnea. Fatigue is a feeling of mental of physical exhaustion but is not the same as sleepiness. Sleepiness is the likelihood someone will fall asleep given the opportunity. You can be fatigued but not sleepy. Mention these symptoms to your physician so they can help you work through them.
Sleep apnea. Sleep apnea means that a person is stopping breathing for at least 10 seconds, many times a night. That means they aren't getting enough oxygen to replenish their brain and their muscles. Short answer - there is a direct link between chronic fatigue and sleep apnea.