Can Prozac (fluoxetine) accelerate depression?

Prozac (fluoxetine) One old hypothesis was that some severely depressed patients who had thoughts of self-harm & had no energy to carry on the act, when given medication that gave them extra energy fast, that they carried on the act of self-harm before they had the chance to work thru their depression. Again, this is only hypothetical, since data re. The subject are scarce & not much is written about it.
Not likely. We are always cautious of worsening depression after starting antidepressants. But is unclear whether it is due to the medication or progression of the illness, before the medication becomes therapeutic.