Can I see a dental hygienest without seeing dentist?

Dr. John Sheets
Dentistry

In brief: Fear of the Dentist

A Dental Hygienist may, in certain states, be able to practice without a dentist on the premises.
However, a dental hygienist, in most states, is not permitted to diagnose dental diseases. My first question is the motive not to see the dentist. Is it fear, financial, time constraints. The dentist and hygienist work as a team to help diagnose and treat dental diseases. Please allow them to help!

In brief: Fear of the Dentist

Dr. John Sheets
Dr. John Sheets
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: Possible but...

You can do that is some cases, but hygienist can not diagnos decay (though they could) so you could get a cleaning but you wouldn't be completing your check up.
Some states have extended care hygienists that can see people with out the dentist but they are limited in their treatment options. Call your provider office and find out.

In brief: Possible but...

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Daniel Mairani
General Practice

In brief: Yes and no

For short term yes.
But, you need an exam at least every year and a half. Just go to a dentist that does his own cleanings. You are doing it for $$ reason yes? One missed cavity or similar problem can lead to thousands of dollars of costs. Remember that! hygenists can't diagnose legally. Some are good at it some don't care.

In brief: Yes and no

For short term yes.
Dr. Daniel Mairani
Dr. Daniel Mairani

In brief: NO

Not if you are a new patient to a practice.

In brief: NO

Dr. Theodore Ritota
Dr. Theodore Ritota
Dr. Steven Seres