Breast enlargement surgery in the teens ok?

Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Done growing?

There are two types of maturity that are important to achieve before breast enlargement surgery: breast maturity and emotional maturity.
Plastic surgeons need a stable platform on which to build. If the breast grow after augmentation, then the outcome may be unsatifying. Breast augmentation for cosmetic purposes should be delayed until at least ag 18, and the decision needs to be individualized.

In brief: Done growing?

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: Maybe

The short answer is generally no.
I would only consider breast surgery at this point in a teen's life--if there was a severe growth disparity between the teen's breasts that caused her emotional/psychological discomfort. If the the breast enlargement surgery was purely to promote larger than average size breasts, i would be inclined to take a "time out" for a few years for more maturity.

In brief: Maybe

The short answer is generally no.
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich