Advice on convincing my boyfriend to quit cigarettes?

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Smoking is horrible.

he just has to stop.
Smoking cigarettes is a modifiable risk factors for many health concerns. Stopping now could save him a lot of health concerns later in life, and can actually lengthen his life. Some people are hard to convince because they don't think any bad things will happen to them. But they will.

In brief: Smoking is horrible.

he just has to stop.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology

In brief: We are not rational

Ever see Freakonomics? We humans are great at ignoring logic and evidence.
So trying to convince your BF to stop may actually work against you. He likely knows the reasons he should quit (the things you say to convince him) but I assume he does not yet want to quit. I'd suggest letting him know something like he'll decide if and when he wants to quit, & he'll decide why. Give him nothing 2 resist.

In brief: We are not rational

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Nela Cordero

In brief: QUIT SMOKING

There are many dangers of smoking.
Mention to him that he can die of heart attack, cancer of several kinds, cva, lung thrombosis, deep vein thrombosis, etc. And you don' t want him to die. Another test for true love, he will quit in order to marry you. Good luck !

In brief: QUIT SMOKING

There are many dangers of smoking.
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Marsha Davis