What is ureaplasma urealyticum?

GU Bacteria. Ureaplasma is a common bacteria found in the genitourinary system. Sometimes it causes infections and sometimes it doesn't and we don't know why. Not all tests will diagnose it and sometimes it's unfairly blamed for certain diseases. It should only be treated with antibiotics if it's causing a serious issue that isn't being caused by some other bug.
STD organism. If not treated transferred to sexual parter.If pregnant organism crosses placenta and infects infant, causing prematurely with lung disease and development of chronic lung disease and other complications with delivery of infant usually at 25-29 weeks of gestation. In females chronic uti, infertility, kidney infection. In male prostatitis, urethritis, epididimitis.In both renal infection, arthritis.
An STD. This is an organism seen in std's. It is less common than some other std's but is treatable with a number of antibiotics.