What is the effect of dermabrasion on acne pockmarks?

Dermabrasion. Dermabrasion works on pock scars by sanding down the edges of the scar, inducing the creation of new skin and collagen and smoothing the scarred skin. This reduces the effects of light on the uneven skin and makes the residual scars less visible.
Scar vs derm depth. The depth of the scars as well as the depth of the dermabrasion will no influence the ultimate outcome of the intervention. However it may require multiple sessions and will not likely resolve the scarring. A response of 30 % is considered excellent and supplemental procedures such as fillers or fat transfer may improve the results.