What is adult add, and how do I know if I have it?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Adult ADD

First, in our over stimulated lives, most of us at times feel we cannot get it all done, and are overwhelmed.
I often see this question as a cry for help. True attention deficit diagnoses should be made by a competent mental health provider. The diagnosis usually includes a childhood history of these symptom and/ or treatment for such. Get tested and get some help if it is warranted.

In brief: Adult ADD

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Assessment needed

Adhd is a developmental disorder, so a clinical history of development and symptoms and ruling out other causes is necessary.
Neuropsychological testing can also help rule out disorders of processing, memory or co-exesting conditions. Unfortunately there is no unique symptom of adhd and without good thorough assessment and consideration of other conditions - it is easy to overdiagnose.

In brief: Assessment needed

Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Ernest Bordini