Are bubbles in urine a sign of a high red blood cell count?

No. Bubbles may be normal, unless the urine is "bubbling" as it comes out of the urethra. Pneumaturia may be a sign of a fistula or infection. If the bubbles develop in the bowl when the urine hits the water, this may be normal.
No. High number of red cells in urine make urine looks red to smoky (cola-colored) depending upon the source of red cell leakage. Bubbles in urine could be a normal finding but could also be a sign of proteinuria which can be easily tested at any doctor's office.

Related Questions

Do bubbles in urine have any relation to high red blood cell count?

See below. Bubbles in urine or very frothy urine may be due to protein in urine, and possible kidney disease. Generally speaking there is no connection to a high red blood cell count in the blood.

Can bubbles in urine have any relation to high red blood cell count?

No. Related to force of urinary stream or possible proteinuria. Worth getting a urinalysis if you are now making lots of bubbles in urine & didn't before.

I was wondering is a high red blood cell count a sign of something serious?

Possibly. It depends on how high the RBC is, whether you smoke, have emphysema, or live at high altitude (each can increase RBC). Is the WBC and platelet count also elevated? Do you have an enlarged spleen? Make an appointment to see your doctor for evaluation.

What does a high red blood cell count mean?

How high? Thalassemia may be associated with high RBC count to make up for the small size of RBCs. For polycythemia, you may consult this site: http://www. Medicinenet. Com/polycythemia_high_red_blood_cell_count/article. Htm.

What can cause liver dysfunction and a high red blood cell count?

Liver & polycythemia. Liver dysfunction and erythrocytosis can be seen with serious conditions like hemochromatosis (where the body absorbs and retains too much iron), polycythemia vera (where the bone marrow makes too many cells - red, white, & platelets), and liver tumors (both benign & malignant). A henatologist should always be consulted in cases like this so that an accurate and timely diagnosis can be made.