If I use acutane while I am pregnant, will my child have birth defects?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Possibly - stop it!

Retin-a is a known teratogen and its use is strongly discouraged throughout pregnancy! stop using it now, talk to a genetic counselot and get a comprehensive 76811 mfm ultrasound to check for anatomical anomalies on your fetus.

In brief: Possibly - stop it!

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias

In brief: Expect to

This is not a med to try to cheat on.
I never prescribe it myself, because of the risks involved.I believe the manufacturer requires women to sign off on the warnings about pregnancy as part of their requirement for providing the drug.They also suggest you use two forms of birth control if sexually active.

In brief: Expect to

This is not a med to try to cheat on.