If I go to the emergency room with severe tooth aches will they do anything for me?

Dr. Jay Kansal
Dentistry

In brief: Possibly

Some er's have an dentist or oral surgeon on call.
Typically if not, they will give you a short term fix which includes antibiotics to take care of any infection and swelling, pain medication, and possibly numbing up the tooth (for 2-3 hours) that is causing the pain. If you dont get rid of the source of the infection the pain/ and or swelling will continue or return.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Jay Kansal
Dr. Jay Kansal
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

Most common thing where I am is antibiotic and pain med even if you don't need the antibiotic.
They often really have no idea what to do for you because it is not in their training. Call your dentist or another one if you can.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards