If I can move my neck, does that mean it's not broken?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Neck fractures serio

Neck fractures are serious condition and nothing to wait and guess pressure on the nerves can cause long term sequele.
It will normally cause pain.History of trauma.Physical signs suggesting of neck injury/fracture, xrays will be diagnostic and cat scan may be needed severe pain is present most of the time and if you have no pain and you can move your neck in all directions without pain/unlikely fr.

In brief: Neck fractures serio

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Sharad Rajpal
Neurosurgery

In brief: No

A "broken" or fractured neck does not mean the neck can't move.
In fact, it's quite the opposite. New fractures in the neck can be subtle or major and allow too much (abnormal) motion and are often associated with pain (but not always). If you suspect a fracture, see a specialist.

In brief: No

Dr. Sharad Rajpal
Dr. Sharad Rajpal
Dr. Keegan Duchicela