Is there a link between pernicious anemia and cancer?

Possibly. There appears to be some association between pernicious anemia and the risk of developing gastric cancer, but this is controversial. Pernicious anemia frequently develops with an autoimmune attack on certain gastric cells, which leads to vitamin B12 deficiency and later anemia. This autoimmune attack also leads to chronic gastritis, which can then progress to cancer.
Possible link. People with pernicious anemia maybe at risk for developing gastric polyps, gastric carcinoid tumors and gastric cancer. Individual risk should be established by consulting with a gastroenterologist and an oncologist.